![]() |
|
|
*Monday, December 20, 2004* I just realised that my dad actually cares for me. He has been paying some attention to me at least. Lousy me. I only found out yesterday at my family gathering at tampines to "guo dong" (the day u eat tang yuan).
I was talking to him because both of us were very bored. "Dad, you want to go to genting?" "Nah. But if you want to go, just go ahead. But learn to protect yourself. Its quite dangerous." I was alittle surprised at his reply. "Dad, im going to anderson for 3 months. Most likely I'll stay there. But when I get to the University, I don't know what I want to do. I actually wanted to do chemical engineering but its not my cup of tea. I don't have too much passion for anything." "I recommend you accounting. I learnt from my past experience it is the most useful stuff. You'll be able to use it anywhere and anytime in the working world." So now I'm alittle inspired to go into accounting. I'll just find out more before making a final choice 2 years later. "But dad, actually my real passion is music. I never get bored on the piano at all. But yet, I don't have enough talent and skill to go into music." "Then persue your dreams! So long that it is legal and it does not involve hurting anyone, why not?" I'm alittle touched by then. "That's why don't scold me when I'm on the computer for too long! I'm finding out more about the different music genres." "Now I know. But you do have to care for your eyes. They are very precious." Then I realised he cared for me. I won't want to dissappoint my dad. I'll just work hard and do my best in whatever I do. I love you, dad. Love Spoon | |